Shiatsu massage is also called “acupuncture without needles”. It is a type of massage that was developed in Japan, although its roots go back to traditional Chinese medicine. Its name comes from the Japanese term “finger pressure” and it applies pressure to specific points all over the body in a rhythmic sequence to facilitate the flow of energy. The massage is performed on the naked body without the use of oils. During Shiatsu massage, the therapist uses whole hands, fingers, forearms, elbows, and even knees and feet. First, the back parts of the body are treated and the person being massaged lies on the stomach, then the front parts, lying on the back. The amount of pressure applied depends on the individual’s sensitivity to pain and is adapted to their needs.
- it relieves various types of pain, it is recommended especially for headaches (including migraines) and back pain
- reduces muscle tension in the shoulders, neck and nape
- regulates the functioning of the nervous, circulatory, and endocrine systems
- brings relief in torn tendons, arthritis, sciatica
- helps with sinus problems
- stimulates the digestive system
- increases energy levels
- reduces anxiety
For people living under stress, with sleep problems, chronic fatigue and low energy levels. It is worth using it in the case of rheumatism and to regenerate the body after injuries.For women struggling with painful periods or discomfort related to menopause.