Sports massage is a form of massage that affects soft tissues for the benefit of a person who performs regular physical activity. Soft tissue is a connective tissue that includes the skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia (a form of connective tissue that lines and covers other soft tissues). Sports massage is designed to help solve problems and imbalances in soft tissues caused by repetitive and strenuous physical activity and injuries. The use of sports massage before and after exercise can increase performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
- strengthening muscles and tendons
- pain relief and increased mobility
- reduction of muscle pain after a sports event, game etc.
- shortening the regeneration time for people with sports injuries
- positive effect on the psyche – a feeling of relaxation and rejuvenation
For various types of athletes and people actively practicing sports, e.g. for runners who want to strengthen tendons and leg muscles. For athletes recovering from an injury to increase their chances of getting back in shape and getting back to optimal performance. For non-athletes complaining of chronic pain and limited range of motion.